Monday, April 13, 2009

So Many Vendors, So Little $$$$$

Okay, let's start by saying, I have NO money this year. So why am I obsessed with the Stitches South Vendor List?

Well, for one thing, I'm not going to Maryland Sheep & Wool this year. And SAFF doesn't happen until the fall and God only knows whether I'll be able to make that trip. That means I get to see some of the vendors I never see except at MSW or SAFF: Miss Babs, Ellen's Half Pint Yarns, Tess' Designer Yarns, the Sanguine Gryphon, Creatively Dyed, Brooks Farm Yarn (!!!!!!), Knitting Notions, Just Our Yarn ... there are more but it sounds piggy to go on and on. Wait, did I mention Brooks Farm Yarn? (Note to self: be first in line. Some yarns go very quickly!)

And, of course, there are the yarns that I've never seen in person like Lisa Souza. I've been drooling over her yarns online forever but somehow haven't ordered.

And the local favorites--how fun to actually KNOW some of the vendors this year--like Knitting Emporium, Only Ewe and Cotton Too, Gale's Art, KnitWitch, Cast-on Cottage, and The Whole Nine Yarns. Krazy Knits is from Dalton--I think they're North GA members. Oh, and Sassafras Creations, of course. (We are all wearing our Sassafras jewelry to be walking advertisements for Nancy, aren't we?)

And then there are the commercial vendors. I want to see ALL of the Malabrigo colors--all of them! Same for Cherry Tree Hill. And the thought of all those Hiya Hiya needles in one place--my heart is pounding! How about the "big box babies" of the knitting world: WEBS, Yarniverse, Carolina Homespun, Yarn Barn of Kansas (check out their incredible selection of books).

Who's not there that I'll miss seeing? I wish Romi was going to be there. I love her jewelry. Does she even do shows? I don't know. Maybe I should knit Muir to send good thoughts for next year for her. Maybe I should just knit it because I'm in love with the pattern. Maybe I should just do it ... just because.

And Black Water Abbey, of course. I'm determined to make that Vickie cardigan out of BWA. And Socks That Rock, Wollmeise, who else?

Oh, stop being such a pug about it! But, can you say, can't wait?

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I've been excited about Stitches South since it was announced it would be in GA. I've never been to any kind of knitting show and couldn't wait. My oldest daughter called awhile ago and asked me to spend that weekend on the beach with her at St. Simons Island. I said yes, cause hubby said he'd drive me up on Thursday, they've changed the program and Thurs. is no longer on there. So, I'll miss it this year but I'll be there next year.
Sheri

Melissa said...

I have a feeling this event is going to put me into debt... I'm helpless against yarn fumes.