Thursday, April 12, 2007

Branching Out

Branching Out is in recovery, thank you. No, not the Britney type...or the type that Don Imus might be considering now...nope, it's the "knitting back on track" type of recovery.

I'm officially at 15 repeats again, over 50%. Yay!

And, in other knit news, on Tuesday I knit at a Starbucks (reasonably) near me with two new-to-me knitters. Actually it's more like I'm new to them, because they knit together fairly often, but usually on Thursdays. I put a notice in the SNB Atlanta group list asking whether anyone wanted to knit there on Tuesdays, but it took 3 or 4 weeks before we actually got together. Anyway, they're both very nice people, and it was fun to be in a new venue with new potential friends. Hi, Paige and Liz!

Guild tonight, my next-to-the-last as guild president. And there's apparently a minor firestorm brewing (can a firestorm brew, or is that a totally screwed up metaphor? Oh, well ...). I think the general meeting will be okay, but the board meeting beforehand threatens to be a little hairy--tempers flying, if not yarn. Hopefully no one will draw out their knitting needles and brandish them threateningly.

No comments: