Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Yarn Diet? Not!


With all the current emphasis on stash dieting in blogland these days, any normal person would be embarrassed to admit on January 3 that her grotesquely swollen stash had grown but I'm not exactly normal. So, it is not without pride that I mention that yarn arrived at my office today. And if my darn camera phone would work, you'd see a photo of it. Maybe next time. No, wait, here are the photos from the eBay listings - I hope the seller will forgive me. S/he gave such great service I'll definitely be buying from him/her again. I won the auction on the 31st and on the 3rd they're on my desk. You can't really ask for better service than that


The deep red and purple is a bulky weight that will become a CIC sweater. This pink and purple yarn will be CIC socks. Some little Russian girls are going to be very happy that I have no resolve at all.



And, by the way, here's what one quiz thinks about me. Actually, I hate espresso. I like a little coffee with my cream, and usually drink two cups a day of (I'm almost embarrassed to tell you this but I will anyway - don't hate me) Folgers coffee with Vanilla flavored creamer. When I go to Starbucks, which is any time my yarn habit leaves me with cash in my wallet, I'm a Venti White Chocolate Mocha type of gal.

You Are an Espresso

At your best, you are: straight shooting, ambitious, and energetic

At your worst, you are: anxious and high strung

You drink coffee when: anytime you're not sleeping

Your caffeine addiction level: high

2 comments:

JulieFrick said...

That is GORGEOUS yarn! Guess there's no luck tempting you into my stash sale today. Ah, well. Thanks for indulging my need for pretty yarn photos!

Diana said...

Thanks, yourself, Julie. Stash sale? You mean there's more yarn I could buy? No, don't tell me.