Monday, February 04, 2008

Finally!



It's About Time! Snow in Sedona. I really didn't want to go home before I'd baptized those new boots with snow. We got a nice dusting Saturday night and it's snowing again this morning. We went to church and there were very few people. Apparently even in Sedona, a little snow on the ground keeps folks inside.
By the time we got out of church, however, there was a lot of activity. (Maybe it was just an excuse to miss church?)
I drove up to the airport, which is one of the best places to get a total view of the town and took the first picture. Very cold and windy up there! Brrrr.
Then I drove up Rodeo Drive toward Capitol Bluff and took more pictures. I love the way the mountain just disapears into the snow.
(Surely you didn't think I was going to say "Finally...the Giants won the Super Bowl" did you?)I'm a passionate football fan but was not excited about this game at all. I'm tired of all the hype about the Pats and their "perfect year" (which turned out to be a little less-than-perfect) and I'm not a fan of the Manning boys (either of them!). I wanted to see Brett Favre in a Super Bowl, if you want to know the truth. So I watched the game for the ads mostly. (We loved the Doritos ad with the mouse but that didn't make any of the Top Ten lists.)
Anyway the outcome was fine, in my opinion. The Pats, who beat my beloved Carolina Panthers in the 2003 Super Bowl that I attended, are vanquished for the time being, and we won't have to hear much more about their perfection. On the other hand, there will be a lot of talk about the Manning tradition, and how Peyton and Eli were fed quarterback milk at their father's breast. (Okay, it's not possible, but to hear all the talk, you'd think Archie was capable of that, along with QB'ing the Saints back in the day.) Anyway, it's an okay trade off.
If the Pats are your team, better luck next year. As for me, I need to put my attention on the draft--the Panthers and the Falcons need some new blood!

3 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Diana!
I am glad I found your blog. I love pugs and yarn too. :) Your knitting is beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!
Melissa and Emmitt

theyarnwhisperer said...

Ok, I am getting so incredibly jealous. Sedona AND snow. No fair. I'm seriously jonesing to go to Sedona as I have been for years. You gotta give me a list of things I need to do while there (I know I have to go to the vortexes... that's a no-brainer). You have to tell me the best yarn stores and the best places to visit.
p.s. are you on ravelry?

Debby said...

Miss seeing you. Are you home yet? I haven't been to knitting lately...was sick...then busy catching up.