Friday, November 24, 2006

Making a Change

I've decided to move my blog (The Yarn Diva, formerly on Typepad) to Blogger. No major problems with Typepad--it just seemed to be harder than it should be. Of course, I've got no idea whether Blogger will be any better.

So far, I've been able to manipulate the sidebar much better than I ever could with Typepad. I took an HTML class years ago and I guess I need to go back and read up on it to refresh the old brain cells, but it does seem more intuitive to actively edit the code than what I was doing with Typepad. I never could get the sidebar to look the way I wanted. Probably not Typepad's fault, but I needed a better fit for my own limited technical skills.

I do seem to read a lot of comments about problems getting photos into Blogger. That should be the least of my problems since I seldom seem to have photos.

On another note, I've decided (belatedly!) to participate in Knit Unto Others. I started a vest for Children in Common last night, using Marguerite's Cozy in Cables pattern. I had some Lamb's Pride Bulky in the stash but, of course, all my 10.5 needles were in use. (Can you say, too many WIPs?) So, I'm using an 11 which is making the vest a little looser than the one I did earlier this summer (although that was knit on two strands of worsted weight mohair and wasn't ideal either). Oh, well, it will fit some child, it will be warm and woolly, and it might be better to be a little loose than stiff from a comfort standpoint. And that's really what counts in the long run.

Given my schedule these days, I won't get much more than this vest done by the deadline. Maybe a preemie hat or two for my niece Caitlin's NICU babies. Possibly a bear sweater for the guild's annual donation to the police at the December meeting, but that's not seeming too likely. We'll see--I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Charity work done with gritted teeth is not charitable, in my opinion.

No comments: